Membership in KSCA is one of the best professional development investments you can make as a school counselor. As a member of this organization, you will be given an opportunity to participate in its many programs, all of which are designed to advance the profession and help each member achieve greater personal and professional growth.
KSCA delivers all the best professional learning and resources a school counselor needs. You’ll be rewarded with renewed confidence and competence in your skills and abilities, a vast network of colleagues online and face-to-face upon which to rely, as well as saving time and money as you advance your counseling career.
Why Join KSCA?
- KSCA Newsletter - The official newsletter of the association
- Professional recognition of school counselors and advocates of school counseling
- Graduate Student Scholarships to Conferences
- Discounted rates for professional development opportunities
- Access to "Members Only" groups and professional forums
- Alliances with post-secondary education for school counseling
- Resources for school counselors
- Regional meetings to equip, encourage, and challenge school counselors
- Coordination of National School Counseling Week activities
- Lobbying, advocacy, and public policy efforts on behalf of students and counselors
- "Day at the Capitol" each spring to lobby with legislators
- Consultation regarding issues that school counselors face personally and professionally
- Assistance with RAMPing your school counseling program
- Follow the instructions below to join ASCA AND/OR KSCA
There are three easy ways to join ASCA and/or KSCA and begin reaping the benefits of membership.
1. Join online or renew your membership. Click "Join online" and scroll to Kansas. The state cost membership fee is $35 rather than the former cost of $100.
2. Call (800) 306-4722 to join or renew. Please have your credit card ready.
3. Print an ASCA membership application or the KSCA membership application and mail or fax it in with your payment or purchase order. if paying by purchase order the purchase order must accompany the application. Do not send them in separately.
You may join at any time. Membership is for a full year from the actual date you joined.
Manage Your Membership
You’re busy. We get it. And sometimes that means things can slip through the cracks – like your ASCA membership renewal. Take renewal off your mind, and sign up for automatic yearly renewal. Or, if it works better for you to pay a little each month rather than one lump sum yearly, sign up for monthly payments. To change your payment method, visit “My ASCA” and change the payment method upon renewal.